Are biofeedback games as fun as other games?

Technology and the pace of life have given video gaming a whole new charter: Make people’s lives better and healthier. Discuss!
AbigailH
Site Admin

Are biofeedback games as fun as other games?

Post by AbigailH »

Maybe they're fun in a different way? Is it fun to relax to succeed, rather than getting all riled up? Maybe there's something you really like about biofeedback games, or something that bothers or concerns you? We'd love to hear your thoughts!
megul

Re: Are biofeedback games as fun as other games?

Post by megul »

I haven't tried a lot of biofeedback games, but the ones I have tried have had some good benefits. I am admittedly indoorsy, and have never taken to exercise, and am not so spiritual so meditation has been a toughie, too.

The games give me a way to "drop into" relaxation and self-focus, and I find myself sharper and more even in temprament. From the beginning, I I was worried I would be a failure; my heart rate was all over the place. But it didn't take much time to see my results leveling out.

I feel like an atypical customer, but the games really do help me in ways I can appreciate. :o
Ryan Deluz

Post by Ryan Deluz »

We've been playing here with adding Biofeedback to "normal" video games and I like how it impacts game play. Since you need to stay feeling good to win, it is hard to end up depressed or feeling bad while playing, or to keep playing past the point where it is really fun. If you have to enjoy playing, the game tends to be more healthy, as you stop at a reasonable time.
AbigailH
Site Admin

Post by AbigailH »

megul wrote:I haven't tried a lot of biofeedback games, but the ones I have tried have had some good benefits. I am admittedly indoorsy, and have never taken to exercise, and am not so spiritual so meditation has been a toughie, too.

The games give me a way to "drop into" relaxation and self-focus, and I find myself sharper and more even in temprament. From the beginning, I I was worried I would be a failure; my heart rate was all over the place. But it didn't take much time to see my results leveling out.

I feel like an atypical customer, but the games really do help me in ways I can appreciate. :o
megul, you may not be as atypical as you suspect! I am also super-indoorsy and not overtly spiritual,and also appreciate the evenness and control over heart rate biofeedback gaming provides. For me, it's a fun "mental health break" from the usual daily routines.