Questions about Alive

Just getting started with biofeedback games? Share thoughts, questions, and ideas with others like you
bockmock

Questions about Alive

Post by bockmock »

Hello
i am very interested in Alive and already own an IOM Sensor.

From my research about your product i came across the fact that only the clinical version of Alive has the feature of measuring the skinn conductance. Since you offer Alive specifically for IOM Sensor now, my question would be if this information about the skinn conductance is still up to date.
I would only use the software for me and my family hence the clinical version actually is not needed BUT i still want to get use of the skinn conductance measurements :(
Nevertheless i still couldnt figure out if Dual drive pro, Particle 3 and Inner tube 3 are contained in the alive version you offer for 149 $ -> "Alive for IOM Sensors"

Moreover i was wondering if the standalone products would measure the skinn conductance and if there are any differences between the versions in Alive and Standalone?

Any help and suggestions would be very much appreciated. Your product really looks fabulous and i really would love to buy it and support you!
I love you guys for developing this kind of software!!!
Ryan Deluz

Re: Questions about Alive

Post by Ryan Deluz »

Hi Bockmock,

Yes, only the Clinical version of Alive uses the skin conductance data. The entire Alive coach was built to teach control of HRV (heart rate smoothness). Skin conductance training requires more in-depth understanding of skin-conductance, which is explained briefly in the Alive Clinical user guide here:

http://www.somaticvision.com/downloads/ ... -Guide.pdf

In order to use skin conductance training in Alive, you need to be able to navigate more complex graphs, and we offer this only in the Alive Clinical version.

Our older "legacy" software, when not used with Alive, do have skin conductance options. Inner Tube, Particle Editor, and Dual Drive standalones for the IOM can be used with skin conductance.

All the best, and sorry Alive standard does not include skin conductance!

Ryan