Launching Alive - Issues

Here we'll post general support items and answer your queries.
cobraron

Launching Alive - Issues

Post by cobraron »

Good morning, I have a couple of questions regarding the software:

1. Seeing issues when launching Alive, specifically a Red X is displayed in the screen and nothing else. These are computers with restricted internet access but have been given access to somaticvision.com and subsites. Is there anything else that could be causing this? .NET 4 client is installed.

2. Are we allowed to use the same license to install on a desktop and mobile PC? Typically when we license software this is given as an option at the University whereby we can install on a primary desktop and then install on a laptop. Program would only be running on one or the other, but not both.

3. Any progress on the online accounts so we don't have to worry about copying the profile folder? I saw a post regarding that about a year ago. Thanks.
Ryan Deluz

Re: Launching Alive - Issues

Post by Ryan Deluz »

Hi Cobraron,

These computers should also be given access to unity3d.com. Alive uses Unity web player. Let me know if that fixes that issue.

Yes, you are allowed to use a single serial number to install on both a desktop and a laptop as long as only one is used at a time.

As of now, accounts are still tied to a specific computer, so its best if a single user always uses a single computer. You may be able to move the user/documents folder to a network drive, if this sounds workable in your situation, this has not been tested.

Best,

Ryan Deluz
Somatic Vision Inc.