Some questions on Dual Drive

Discussions around how you use Alive in your life
Mordavid

Some questions on Dual Drive

Post by Mordavid »

I've been training HRV for sometime with Alive and have the following questions:

1. Is there a way to raise the difficulty level of Dual Drive? I play the manual version in the extreme level, usually without being stopped by the software due to low smoothness. For example is there a way to set the minimum smoothness required for driving?

2. I saw that the clinical version shows also the Fourier frequencies graph. Can I use this for a further feedback and if yes how?

3. Is there a way to use the GSR feedback without upgrading to the clinical version? Maybe in the additional games alone?

4. The computation of the smoothness is based on what exactly - the last 10 seconds or something like that?

Yours sincerely,

Mor David
Ryan Deluz

Re: Some questions on Dual Drive

Post by Ryan Deluz »

Hi Mor David,

If you are using Dual Drive through Alive you can raise the heart rate smoothness difficulty, from the smoothness difficulty drop down on the main menu. If your smoothness stays at 100% most of the time, you probably should raise the smoothness difficulty.

The clinical version of Alive has many additional graphs, including a Fourier graph (which shows a more detailed analysis of heart rate frequencies). You can train in these various graphing screens for more detailed feedback.

When launching any game, not from Alive, you can choose skin conductance feedback. If you purchase or own Dual Drive, Particle Editor, Inner Tube or Tropical Heat you can use skin conductance feedback without upgrading to Alive Clinical.

Smoothness is a complicated calculation, but basically approximately 30 seconds of data are analyzed for frequencies, frequency changes, etc. We try to get this to respond very quickly, even though the heart only beats approximately 1 time per second.

Best,

Ryan
Mordavid

Post by Mordavid »

Thanks for your answer. However I have more questions:

I already get 99% smoothness in the manual dual drive when I choose the extreme option from the smoothness difficulty drop down on the main menu. Is there a way to raise the difficulty level?
How should I use the Fourier data as a feedback? If this is not straightforward could you refer me to link on that subject?
And how do I use the BVP data as a feedback?

Yours sincerely,
Mor David
Ryan Deluz

Post by Ryan Deluz »

Hi Mor David,

If you have 99% smoothness when the heart rate smoothness difficulty is set to Extreme, I congratulate you, I have never seen such a high measurement!

I strongly suggest you try Tropical Heat, which you can download from www.somaticvision.com/trial.php?P=T

This is a much harder game and will give you the challenge you desire (depending on the "game" difficulty you set in Tropical Heat, Tropical Heat can also be configured to be easy and/or relaxing).

You can't currently use BVP data as feedback, but we are working on a pack that lets you use other measurements as feedback.

You shouldn't need to use the Fourier data directly as feedback, as smoothness does a good enough job to match that.

Best,

Ryan