the new device question

For questions, discussions and suggestions regarding Alive Pioneer for GP8 Amp
emilemass

the new device question

Post by emilemass »

hi I can see there is a new software and another device will be add to alive family .my friend has this device it seams the same bought in uk gp8 it works with HEG cable and one channel EEG are you guys going to implement this functionality as well?
for people with only the alive clinical version how much will cost to update the software with the pioneer version? is the emwave compatibility going to me included ?

thanks
Ryan Deluz

Re: the new device question

Post by Ryan Deluz »

Hi Emile,

No, Alive is meant for training by anyone, including non-professionals, and so won't include any form of neurofeedback. Somatic Vision exclusively partners with BeeMedic / Cygnet for neurofeedback. Its been that way for many years and will continue as such.

emWave compatibility is included in Pioneer, but emWave can't measure raw BVP, or skin sweat, so the extra functionality is less due to the lack of as much data.

Currently the only way to upgrade from Alive Clinical to Alive Pioneer is to purchase a GP8 Amp with Alive Pioneer Upgrade. If you have Alive Clinical you get the full GP8 Amp with Alive Pioneer package for $300 less than if you don't, plus you get the free upgrade from Alive Clinical to Alive Pioneer for your existing IOM and emWave hardware.

Best,

Ryan Deluz
Somatic Vision Inc.