Scl stability not working

Questions, discussion and requests for Alive Pioneer for IOM & emWave. For Alive Pioneer for GP8 Amp topics please use the GP8 Amp forum.
Ateeq

Scl stability not working

Post by Ateeq »

Hi Ryan if I can't train scl stability will this mean that the valence and emotion detection will not work either as this is a big part of the program .
Also will Hrv training be available for alive clinical with gp8

Regards Ateeq
Ryan Deluz

Re: Scl stability not working

Post by Ryan Deluz »

Hi Ateeq,

This is in response to this question, and another question you asked: "Hi Ryan I am using one of the pioneer environments automatic scl stability but no matter what I do it says at 1 ,does this mean I can't train this?"

SCL Stability is a measurement that was originally used for Inner Tube and Particle Editor, and is now available as an option for Alive Pioneer. SCL Stability tends towards 1 (100% good) and only drops if you get excited, nervous or scared. If you snap your fingers on your other hand (the hand without senors), make noise, or try to startle yourself, do you see any changes in SCL Stability?

The Wild Divine IOM/Lightstone skin conductance is not extremely sensitive, and for that reason some people are unable to see changes in SCL Stability. Some people with very dry fingers or low SCL response can't train SCL at all with these sensors (SCL line is flat).

Not being able to train SCL Stability does not effect the emotion detection or valence, but if you have basically no SCL response, the arousal part of emotion detection will not work as well. That said, the new Pioneer measurement of BVP Amplitude can work as a good substitute to SCL training for people who can't train SCL with the IOM or Lightstone.

In addition, the new GP8 Amp (which you purchased) has more sensitive skin conductance (SCL) sensor, so it should be easier for people with very small SCL changes to train effectively. When you get your GP8 Amp you should be able to train SCL. If you also can get SCL Stability to respond, that's fine, but if it stays basically at 1.0, it just means your SCL isn't very responsive, and you can move on to another of the many training options.

Best,

Ryan Deluz
Ryan Deluz

Post by Ryan Deluz »

and yes, HRV (smoothness) training will be available for the GP8 Amp in Alive Pioneer.
Ateeq

Post by Ateeq »

If can't train scl stability will I still be able to train scl response and how do the two differ
Also what else can I train
I am only aware of hr and bvp and the latter I can't do with the gp8
Regards Ateeq
Ryan Deluz

Post by Ryan Deluz »

Hi Ateeq,

SCL Stability is how quickly the SCL signal changes. If it changes slowly you can still train SCL (up or down, this is a big deal, relaxation, or a sort of neutral state, makes SCL go down, excitement makes it go up.) but you can't train SCL Stability as its always moving slowly enough to be considered stable.

Alive Pioneer for IOM lets you also train heart rate range, average heart rate, valence, etc.

For the GP8 you don't have bvp, but you have better SCL, and then you have EMG (muscle tension) and Temperature, 2 new types of training for Alive.
Ateeq

Post by Ateeq »

That's great Thanks Ryan