Problems with iFeel USB

Here we'll post general support items and answer your queries.
saulr

Problems with iFeel USB

Post by saulr »

I've been using the iFeel USB. At some point Alive stoped recognizing the device was plugged in and I got the "Hardware not found" error. I re-installed the Cypress USB drivers and that worked for a while. However, it's giving me the problem again. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers and updated to Alive version 3.03. It's working fine with the emWave. Please advise!

Thanks!
Ryan Deluz

Re: Problems with iFeel USB

Post by Ryan Deluz »

Hi,

You must detach your iFeel device from your computer before installing Alive or installing its drivers.

If you've installed Alive 3.0.3 (the full installer) you will have a file iFeel_USB_Driver_Setup.exe in your Program Files (x86)\Alive folder. Older versions of Alive may have the file as C:\Program Files (x86)\Alive\Drivers\CypressDriverInstaller_1.exe (or D:\ or wherever your program files (x86) folder is located).

Detach your iFeel device from your computer, Run this iFeel_USB_Driver_Setup.exe (or CypressDriverInstaller_1.exe) then attach your device, wait for 30 seconds, then open Alive. Let me know if that solves your problem.

I've had two cases where someone had to run this driver one additional time, but this has been on versions of Alive where Alive was updated, instead of installed using the full installer. You may wish to install the latest full version of Alive from www.somaticvision.com/getalive if you continue to have issues.

Best,

Ryan Deluz
Somatic Vision Inc.