Low smoothness & high pulse after exercise ???

What do you do to relieve stress?
rexall

Low smoothness & high pulse after exercise ???

Post by rexall »

Wed 26 Dec 2012, 7:35 pm

Hi Ryan, All,

My normal heart rate tends to be fairly high, in the low 80's usually. Always has been. When I do Alive! after a shower or after bicycling or after TaiChi, my heart rate is around 90-95 and I don't have success much success in bringing it down during Alive! Also, smoothness in the challenging level remains low, around 20%-40% average. When I practice at other times, it is fairly easy to keep smoothness in the 70's or more, certainly never lower than 50's.

QUESTIONS:

1. Is this "normal," to be expected after physical activity?

And would it be better to:

2. Avoid HRV following the above activities?

2. Do them at those time anyway reasoning that those are the times when I can most benefit from practice and need it most?

Any of this sound familiar? Suggestions and discussion much appreciated.

Rex
Khon Kaen, Thailand
[email protected]
Ryan Deluz

Re: Low smoothness & high pulse after exercise ???

Post by Ryan Deluz »

Hi Rex,

If you are having trouble training immediately after exercise, I would suggest waiting longer before using Alive (or using Alive before).

According to
http://www.livestrong.com/article/43288 ... -exercise/
It can take about 30 minutes for your heart rate to return to baseline. This depends on how long you exercise for, though. Brief exercise can see a return to baseline within a minute or two.

You should be seeing a further lowering of your heart rate while training, though. I would suggest trying an environment or mini-game where you can hear the music volume change, then close your eyes and do some training till you calm down. You should see a lowering of your average heart rate during this time period.

Best,

Ryan
waleedijaz

Re: Low smoothness & high pulse after exercise ???

Post by waleedijaz »

Hi AbigailH,
Great post and like to add stress can also lead to depression, high blood pressure, obesity and cardiovascular disease. To deal with stress exercise regularly, eat well balanced diet and drink more water than routine. Avoid alcohol, smoking and caffeine and have proper sleep of 7/8 hours daily.
ali