Particle Editor error message

Having trouble with something? Discover some neat way to push your play to a new level? This is your forum.
jedimindtraveler

Particle Editor error message

Post by jedimindtraveler »

Hey, so I started up PE on a computer I hadn't used in a while, and every time I clicked on any kind of environment, with the sensors on before I started up the program, it gave me an error message. I couldn't decipher what it meant.

Any thoughts on general things to try? I can't just reinstal because I've put them on 3 different computers already.

Love to get back into Heart coherence training!
Ryan Deluz

Re: Particle Editor error message

Post by Ryan Deluz »

What exactly does the error message say?
jedimindtraveler

OK, so first the basic message, encounted a proplem and needs to close, more info click here: then: Error Signature
AppName: particleeditor.exe AppVer: 3.0.1.0 ModName: particle editor.exe ModVer:3.0.1.0 Offset 00005d31

Then "To view more technical info click here:"
Exception information
Code: 0xc0000005 Flags: 0x00000000
Record: 0x0000000000000000 Address: 0x0000000000405d31

And that last part is the beginning of a huge page of numbers. I can't seem to copy it.

Does this mean something?

Thanks!
Ryan Deluz

Post by Ryan Deluz »

This either means you don't have audio drivers installed (does the computer play music?) or the video drivers are bad. How old is the computer? Can you update the video and our audio drivers? If it's important that particle editor works on this specific system, and you can't update the drivers, we can arrange for remote support.

Best,

Ryan
jedimindtraveler

Oh thanks Ryan. Yes I've been struggling to fix the sound. Perhaps I could try updating with your audio drivers.
Ryan Deluz

Post by Ryan Deluz »

You do need to fix the sound for the computer. I would try installing the latest drivers from your computer manufacturer. Also it may be useful (at your own risk I can't assume responsibility for troubleshooting your sound drivers) to go to Device Manager and delete the entry for your sound card. It should reinstall automatically when you reboot your computer.