bvp training with gp8

Questions, discussion and requests for Alive Pioneer for IOM & emWave. For Alive Pioneer for GP8 Amp topics please use the GP8 Amp forum.
Ateeq

bvp training with gp8

Post by Ateeq »

Hi I read that this will be possible soon,how soon, will I need to purchase a new sensor .
Regards Ateeq
Ryan Deluz

Re: bvp training with gp8

Post by Ryan Deluz »

Hi Ateeq,

This version of the GP8 does not have bvp. In the future J&J may make a new version with a BVP sensor. Assume your GP8 won't have BVP capability.

We are working on a separate, wireless, bvp sensor which can be used "with" the GP8. E.g. while also using the GP8, but that is a separate device.

Best,

Ryan
Ateeq

Post by Ateeq »

Hi will I be able to use the iom for bvp and gp8 for other at same time .
Regards Ateeq
Ryan Deluz

Post by Ryan Deluz »

Hi Ateeq,

No, I don't think that there will be an option to use the IOM combined with the GP8, sorry.

Best,

Ryan
Ateeq

Post by Ateeq »

Hi thanks for that Ryan the emwave has a finger pulse sensor would that do bvp ,just asking because iom sensor is hard to manage all the time.
Regards Ateeq
Ryan Deluz

Post by Ryan Deluz »

Hi Ateeq,

Unfortunately the emWave sensor automatically ranges BVP data internally to the sensor, so the BVP data available allows you to determine heart rate, but not any information about the bvp itself, such as range.

Best,

Ryan
stress-freeliving

Post by stress-freeliving »

I believe that there is some gray area in this question and answer.

The IOM finger sensors with the Pioneer can measure and use BVP. You can use a Dual Sensor Upgrade (I believe) such that your Pioneer software can read both the IOM or the GP8 sensor - just not simultaneously.

I believe this is the correct explanation on how to measure BVP if you have an IOM (and GP8) based Pioneer system.
Clay Ryan
Owner | Stress-Free Living | Braintraincoach.com
Office: 410-658-7336 | Toll Free: 800-678-4210
[email protected] | https://www.stress-freeliving.com
[email protected] | https://braintraincoach.com
Ryan Deluz

Post by Ryan Deluz »

Coming soon - a new Bluetooth heart rate sensor that measures BVP and heart rate and can be used with and at the same time as the GP8 in Alive Pioneer!