wireless controller

Here we'll post general support items and answer your queries.
Kjpt.armin.ernst

wireless controller

Post by Kjpt.armin.ernst »

Hi Ryan, hi all,
recently purchased a wireless X-Box controller, which is connected to notebook via bluetooth and works in some other games.
Trying to use this controller in Alive games like Dual Drive 2 failed.
When connecting my Logitech Rumblepad via USB everything works fine in Alive, too.
Can I do s.th. ?
Regards, Armin
Ryan Deluz

Re: wireless controller

Post by Ryan Deluz »

Hi Armin,

We tested with XBox controllers, including a wireless (but not Bluetooth) version. Please make sure the controller is connected before starting Dual Drive 2 (in the original Dual Drive, this sort of controller might not work).

Best,

Ryan
Kjpt.armin.ernst

Post by Kjpt.armin.ernst »

Hi, meanwhile found time to check again:
As described above, the bluetooth version cannot connect in DD2.
Near parallel used ifeel bluetooth sensor, which works fine, I also tried my former used Wild Devine USB sensor.
Unfortunately this, too, did not help to enable connection the X-Box bluetooth connection in DD2, the control LED on the controller ist still blinking, showing that no connection is established.

Any other possibilities?

Besides: DD2 is hell of a game for balancing activation / relaxation :D :ugeek:
Ryan Deluz

Post by Ryan Deluz »

Hi Armin,

Thanks for that information about the controller. If the controller is blinking, showing that no connection is established, this means that your computer is not able to, or configured to, connect to that controller. I've done a little more research, and its possible that Bluetooth controllers may not be supported by Dual Drive 2's game engine, but the first step, in any case, would be that Windows can see the controller (only then could Dual Drive 2 even possibly connect to it).

Have you been able to use that controller with any other Windows game?

Ryan