Playing audio files with Alive

Just getting started with biofeedback games? Share thoughts, questions, and ideas with others like you
nb12

Playing audio files with Alive

Post by nb12 »

I have a few disks of chillout music in files on my computer. I tried to play them with the Particle Editor, but the thing is that I can't skip to the middle of the file. Alive always starts playing them from the beginning. So I rarely make it beyond the first 15-20 minutes of the disk. And of course it gets boring after while. In a way this defeats the purpose of having the option of selecting a file of my choice a bit because I can't really use long audio files. There is no option of creating my own playlist per session either. The only way to circumvent this is to prepare my own customized file every once in a while. Do you have a solution for this or are planning to implement something? I should say that in general I prefer auditory feedback. I usually switch the monitor off when working with Alive.
Ryan Deluz

Re: Playing audio files with Alive

Post by Ryan Deluz »

Hi nb12,

Alive itself does not have the ability to start playing audio in the middle of a clip.

We do have an Alive add-on, Advanced Media Player http://www.somaticvision.com/AdvancedMediaPlayer which allows you to play movies, DVDs, CDs and audio files.

There is volume feedback for the audio clips and you can skip directly to any part of a clip, or play multiple clips or a CD.

Also, there are a variety of visual effects for when you train with movies and DVDs.

Best,

Ryan