Heart beat sounds

Having trouble with something? Discover some neat way to push your play to a new level? This is your forum.
Ateeq

Heart beat sounds

Post by Ateeq »

Hi how can I hear my heart beat to beat in Alive ,can I do it in graph training .
Also Cani set a tone for gsr going up and going down so I can close my eyes and train
Regards Ateeq
Ryan Deluz

Re: Heart beat sounds

Post by Ryan Deluz »

Hi Ateeq,

In the introduction one of the intro pages plays heart beat sounds each time your heart beats.

In Graph Training there is an audio options button where you can link music volume to skin conductance or anything else.

Best,

Ryan
Mordavid

Post by Mordavid »

Where can I find the audio options button n graph training?
And where is the option to hear my heart beats?
Ryan Deluz

Post by Ryan Deluz »

If you have Alive Clinical there is a section of graphs, including the SCL graph and those near it in the list, which have 9 squares, with each square having a number, such as absolute or target SCL. One of these 9 squares contains a button Audio Options.

To hear your heart beats (not really, just a heart beat sound played each time we detect a beat) click the repeat orientation button in the Alive Main Menu. Keep clicking Next until you get to a page with the title "Your heart beat". On the 2nd page with that title you will see a graph labeled Pulse and you will hear a heart beat sound each time your heart beats.
Mordavid

Post by Mordavid »

Thanks. I did find the heart beat option.

If the Audio Options are limited to the Clinical version how can I get audio feedback in Alive Home ? Somehow I don't hear the audio in rain , e.g., also with 100% coherence (but I can hear it in DD). I'm looking for a clear feedback - something like full volume at 80% (momentary coherence) and above and very soft when I get down to 60%. Anything similar to this would be good too.
Ryan Deluz

Post by Ryan Deluz »

Almost all environments have audio feedback. In Alive Home you can still change difficulty levels, so I would just choose a difficulty level that suits how you want the audio to change. Without Alive Clinical (or Pioneer) you won't be able to customize everything, such as setting precise audio levels.

In the environments section there are also some audio only environments.
Mordavid

Post by Mordavid »

I've checked again and I don't have sound in the audio environments(also in 100% smoothness), only in DD or in the heart beat option.Maybe this has started just after the last update.
BTW is there a difference between the different feedbacks in the home alive DD (fog, music and engine)?
And a harder level means a more strict feedback or that in a harder level also the smoothness is computed differently?
Ryan Deluz

Post by Ryan Deluz »

Hi,

What about in mini-games like Dream House, do you have audio? Environments like Breath Spirals? Maybe you have an issue with your audio drivers, or in Windows sometimes people accidentally turn down their sound for a specific application (shows up in the sliders that appear if you right click the speaker icon in the bottom right corner of WIndows 8/10 and click open Volume Mixer).

All games respond to smoothness, so in Dual Drive fog, etc. all responds to smoothness.

In a harder level a smoothness of 25% could be an easier levels smoothness of 75%.

Ryan
Mordavid

Post by Mordavid »

I have no sound on those 2 games, even immediately after getting sound in DD.
Ryan Deluz

Post by Ryan Deluz »

Those games use DirectShow for audio. Please check your audio mixer as I mentioned, as this would show up with a different volume slider than Dual Drive. Also if you have specialized audio drivers and a specialized audio control panel (right click and double click the audio/speaker icon in the bottom right area of your task bar) turn off any audio effects / audio processing done by the specialized drivers. Please try this, and if it doesn't work, go to http://www.somaticvision.com/support and use the contact us button to request remote support.