iOM & iOS version

Questions, discussion and requests for Alive Pioneer for IOM & emWave. For Alive Pioneer for GP8 Amp topics please use the GP8 Amp forum.
willtaylor

iOM & iOS version

Post by willtaylor »

I notice that OSX 10.13 High Sierra does not support the iOM driver;
what is the latest version of iOS X that does?
Ryan Deluz

Re: iOM & iOS version

Post by Ryan Deluz »

Hi Will,

OSX 10.13 High Sierra should be fine with the IOM driver.

If its not working, you should contact support by pressing the Contact Us button in the upper left corner of http://www.somaticvision.com/support

The IOM driver won't work in 10.15, Catalina, which requires 64-bit applications. You could still run through Parallels Desktop / Windows on Catalina.

In fact, currently Alive doesn't work on 10.15 at all, but we are working on porting to 64-bit, so Alive will soon work on 10.15, at least whatever parts can be ported to 64-bit. As of now it seems like only the IOM driver is impossible to port.

Best,

Ryan Deluz
Somatic Vision Inc.
Mike Germano

Re: iOM & iOS version

Post by Mike Germano »

Running Alive Home, but this should still be relevant since we’re talking about the driver.

It doesn’t work too well in 10.14 (Mojave) either (at least with the WD Light Stone). It takes forever to load (1-2 minutes or more). The IOM Driver appears to fail loading several times from the info in the pop up window for it. Eventually it does work. Alive is fine, it’s just the startup of the driver that’s problematic.

I have Parallels running anyway for a few Windows programs I need to run, so I’m now running under that and it starts up quickly and runs fine. The menus on the main screen in full screen mode while in convergence drop down with the mouse off to the side of the menu items instead of on them, but once you figure that out it’s no big deal. I only use the menu in full screen mode if I’m in an environment in full screen mode and close it and want to open another environment. Like I said, no big deal and easy enough to get used to quickly.